30.5.10

helsinki arrival

thats right, i'm in finland.
sitting in my cozy little flat north of downtown with a view that looks over Linnanmäki, a big amusement park on a hill. not too much to report yet. helsinki is hella beautiful. dense and thick with people. tall buildings almost all made out of stone. and trees! iceland doesn't have trees! there are so so many of them here, and they're in glorious full bloom. i never thought i would miss trees, but now that i'm around them i think they're the thing i missed the most in iceland.

i've got a bit of culture shock happening. but i'm pretty sure that will pass. i have to get my act together and get a life and a rhythm out here. not really sure what that life will look like, but probably biking, language courses and hopefully some work if i can find it.
luckily i have some friends out here, and the great kirsi kivistö found me the flat i'm in now, picked me up from the airport, lent me a bike, and pretty much set me up out here. thanks kirsi!

No comments:

Post a Comment